Monday, July 23, 2012

First Post!

Instead of agonizing over it forever, as I do with many things, I am simply going to write this first blog post! I have been following cross stitch blogs for about two years and they are a constant source of joy and inspiration for me. I have decided to create a humble little blog of my very own, and I hope it will bring some brightness to other people's days.

A little background about me:

I am a 25-year-old recent graduate of nursing school. I have been cross stitching since the 6th grade, when a local needlework shop-owner started a club at my school and taught me how to cross stitch. I spent many, many hours at that LNS in middle and high school, stitching with wonderful women who, though much older than me, were kindred spirits. At any given time, one of the "regulars" could be found stitching at the shop and you were always welcome to join. It was not just a store, but a community. That LNS has since closed and I have yet to find a stitching community like that again, though hopefully I will someday. Perhaps I will find some kindred stitching spirits in the "blogosphere"!

Other than stitching, currently my days are spent relaxing while I wait for my first nursing job to start in August, spending time with my wonderful boyfriend, and looking forward to my first home--a new construction townhouse that will be finished sometime in October.

I think that about does it for my first post. Next, I have to figure out how to get some readers!

Up next: my past cross stitch finishes and current WIPs

Until next time,

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment