Sunday, August 12, 2012

Another past finish

I have made quite a bit of progress on Gentle Stitches, but I didn't get pictures taken before I lost the sunlight. I'll make sure to take some tomorrow.

 In the meantime, here is another favorite past finish. This is Milady's Acorn Box by Milady's Needle


 
This project was released as a kit at the Nashville Needlework market in 2009, and I purchased it from Salty Yarns in Ocean City, Maryland. I don't know if it is still available. It is stitched on 40 count Pearled Barley by Lakeside Linens. The threads are Belle Soie silks by Crescent Colours. The darker color is Rustique and the lighter is Red Fox. The finished size is very small, only about 3 inches x 3 inches. I want to finish this as a box top as recommended in the kit. 

These two small pieces will become a two-sided scissor fob when I get around to finishing it:


Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment